Ready to take it up a notch?
Based on a growing demand for a condensed and focused time of counseling, we now offer Restoration Intensives. Many people want to work on their lives, hearts and stories but have little time to meet weekly with a counselor for traditional therapy. Additionally, many people hear about Restoration Counseling, but do not live in close enough proximity to our offices to make regular visits possible. As a result, we have created a 3-day, 15-hour counseling intensive to serve the needs of all who long to love their story and live restored.
|2017 Intensive Dates|
|April 2017 - none available||June, July, August, September, October 2017 - none available||November 8-10, 2017||December 6-8, 2017|
WHAT IS a re-story INTENSIVE?
Restoration Intensives involve working with therapist Chris Bruno, Founder and Director of Restoration Counseling. During these counseling days, Chris sets aside all other demands and focuses 100% on you, your story, and your needs. Chris is a Licensed Professional Counselor, and is uniquely trained in the art of story-focused work in intense workshop-like environments. Having been trained by and worked alongside Dr. Dan Allender at workshops such as Leadership Crucible, Intimate Mystery Workshop, Design of Desire, Wounded Heart and Sabbath, Chris uniquely designs each experience to the needs of the client. There is no cookie-cutter experience. Just as each story is unique, the intensive morphs based on what stories God brings.
Re-Story Intensive Topics
You. You are the topic of the intensive. The directions we go and the categories and work we do completely depend on you. While there is no singular topic for Restoration Intensives, we have found there are some good guidelines:
- Story Intensives - many approach counseling as if they are looking for some short-term relief. They want a quick-fix and think that an intensive is the fastest way to get it done. While much ground is covered in an intensive environment, the focus of our work is on the heart, not the symptoms. We take a deep dive into the driving narratives of your life and lock onto those places in your story where you have been broken, marred and wounded. Ultimately, symptoms do change. But just as Jesus is far more concerned about your heart than your relief, so are we.
- Clients must be willing to step into their narratives with both strength and kindness. This means that they must be willing and wanting to face those parts of their lives and struggles that cause pain, knowing that they will be well cared for in the process.
- Individual Intensives have traditionally focused on personal topics, including anxiety, sexual addiction, father wounds, trauma, sexual abuse and relationships.
- Chris specializes in working with men and the landscape of the masculine heart.
- Intensives are not a good place for treatment of concerns requiring on-going support, such as depression, bipolar, borderline, schizophrenia, etc. Traditional counseling best suits these needs.
- There is no magic wand. Although intensives will quickly uncover and begin the healing process in areas of life that have remained covered and long suffered, healing is always a process that takes time. Much ground will be covered in the course of these 3-days and 15-hours. However, clients are urged to realize that Restoration Intensives are designed to be a significant springboard towards healing, but that the work of restoration must continue long after the completion of the experience.
- At the conclusion of each intensive, you will walk away with a concrete plan for further healing.
Re-Story Intensives Include:
- 3-days and 15-hours of privatized counseling work with Chris Bruno.
- Specialized pre-work assignments developed specifically for you and your story. After an initial intake conversation, you will receive 1-2 writing assignments to be completed 2-4 weeks prior to your scheduled intensive time. This helps to begin the process of reflecting on your story, uncovering patterns in your thinking and styles of relating, and provides us with directions to head when you arrive.
- 1-2 follow-up 50-minute telephonic or secure online sessions, usually 2-3 weeks after the intensive. These are designed to check in with clients after the intensive to insure their well-being and continued growth in the areas uncovered and discussed.
- At this time, our intensives do not include room and board. Each client will need to make their own arrangements.
RE-story Intensive costs: $2400
This can be paid via check, credit card, or cash. Payment plans are available. A $400 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration to secure the dates. This deposit will be applied to the total balance due.
In the event you need to cancel and another Intensive Weekend is still available, this $400 deposit may be transferred to another date within 6 months of the original date.
typical re-story intensive schedule
Restoration Intensives typically occur Thursday-Friday-Saturday, though on some occasions individual arrangements can be made based on your needs and availability. There are 5 sessions of approximately 3 hours...sometimes a bit more or less depending on the flow of the session.
- Tuesday Evening: Arrive in Fort Collins and settle in
- Wednesday Morning: Session 1 (3 hours)
- Wednesday Noon: Lunch on your own
- Wednesday Afternoon: Session 2 (3 hours)
- Wednesday Evening: Reflection, Recovery and Re-creation
- Thursday Morning: Session 3 (3 hours)
- Thursday Noon: Lunch on your own
- Thursday Afternoon: Session 4 (3 hours)
- Thursday Evening: Reflection, Recovery and Re-creation
- Friday Morning: Session 5 (3 hours) - Wrap-Up
- Friday Afternoon: Return Home
majestic location: Fort Collins, Colorado
All Restoration Intensives occur in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado. An hour north of Denver, nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins is home to Colorado State University and is numbered among the top 10 desirable places to live in the United States.
We highly encourage clients to take advantage of the natural beauty that surrounds us. We recommend coming a day or two early to recalibrate and prepare your heart for the work ahead. We also recommend staying at least 24 hours after the intensive is complete, to have sufficient time to process all that has happened, and get some time in nature to become acquainted with the newly discovered freedoms in your soul.
Area hotels, restaurants, cafes, outdoor activities, Old Town Square, Rocky Mountain National Park, Poudre Canyon and more make your visit to Fort Collins relaxing and enjoyable - a perfect place to experience restoration in your life and story.
Restoration Intensive clients are responsible to find their own hotel and food accommodations throughout their stay. We do provide a listing of our favorite hotels and restaurants.
Travel to and from Fort Collins via air is best managed through Denver International Airport (DIA), which is approximately a 1-hour drive. Rental cars and shuttles to Fort Collins are available. Air travel is also possible through the Cheyenne, Wyoming Regional airport, though flights are limited.